Posts Tagged ‘PR’
Artists,designers, fashionistas, photographers and creative souls will gather later this month in Dubai at an exclusive and ticketed event to raise funds for Make-A-Wish UAE www.makeawish.ae.
The much anticipated ‘Chocol’art’ initiative will feature the magic ingredients of Chocolate, Charity and Creativity in order to raise awareness and funding for children’s causes, with the goal of supporting 20 regional and international charities over the next 5 years.
Chocol’art is a CSR brand where ‘chocolate meets art for a cause.’ The event will have an interactive and fully immersive experience where exhibitors from the world of fashion, design, photography and art are invited to create spontaneous, unique and original works to exhibit and auction off throughout the evening, taking inspiration from the theme for 2012 ‘Chocol’art at the movies!’
Around 1,000 guests are expected at the Chocol’art Dubai edition on Friday 30th of March 2012 which will take place at The Towers Terrace, Jumeirah Emirates Towers.
Key sponsoring partners include MINI, Sayidaty magazine, Integrity Media, Garnier, SEPHORA, Custard Communications, Kippreport, Fustany.com, Mistile, stylendubai.com, and of course Sept PR – how could we miss the opportunity to get involved in such a great event!
For more information check out the Chocol’Art Facebook page: www.facebook.com/chocolart.ME
December 2 will mark the 40th Anniversary of the unification of the United Arab Emirates – a reason to celebrate the place we all call home. The team at Sept HQ pulled together some of the reasons why we adore this place, here are our top 7:
- The sun always shines! Yes the summer is typically off-the-chart hot but the cooler winters are worth the wait. As well as aiding us in topping up our healthy glow sunshine has other hidden benefits—like protecting against depression, insomnia, and an overactive immune system – making us happy, tanned and healthy! (Just don’t forget your sunscreen!)
- Food, glorious food! We are always amazed at the array of wonderful eateries across the UAE, ranging from 5-star luxury cuisine to the tasty treats sold by vendors in the souqs. At Sept HQ we work with some of the leading restaurants in the region and have developed a passion for food so Dubai provides us with the ideal setting to get our culinary fix.
- A cultural melting pot, the UAE has a diverse history and is called home by scores of different nationalities. We love the wide spectrum of people living and working across the Emirates and are always learning about new languages, cultures, cuisines…and dare I say driving methods!
- You can dive, dive and dive – OK so the UAE doesn’t boast the best dive sites in the world, but at least you can still get wet pretty much all year just to keep the skills up. We are lucky enough to have a few decent wrecks around and the dive company’s here (Al Boom and Pavillion in particular) offer courses, specialties and local dives pretty much 365, 24/7 so get signed up for your Open Water if you haven’t done so already and then the underwater world is your proverbial oyster.
- You can drive, drive, drive – let’s face it there is something really fun about taking a 4×4 out to the desert and testing your mettle against the ever shifting sands. It’s nice that you can still drive out of the main city for 20 minutes and be completely alone (the equivalent of a country walk or drive anywhere else I guess) to enjoy some of the desert scenery. Deserts can be quite beautiful and the hypnotic dunes are a great place to get out of the hustle and bustle and mess around with friends. Now that the weather is good, take a picnic or bbq and enjoy what is almost quite literally on most of our back doors!
- An international hub for all, the UAE is conveniently located between the East and West, so jet settting, easy access to well-loved tourism destinations, communications and seeing different people from all over the world is the norm.
- Childhood memories – This is the country we witnessed grow under his patronage Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, may his soul rest in peace. We witnessed the UAE’s transformation over the past four decades and we are proud to be part of its history.
Happy Birthday UAE!
Halloween is coming up and even if you are not a believer of this holiday it is alright to indulge and have fun with your outfit! Halloween is not just about dressing up as your favorite cartoon character or in some bizarre creation; there are going to be a lot of themed parties, providing the perfect opportunity for you to add your stylish twist to celebrations. Whatever the dress code make sure you always add your own personal touch to the occasion.
During some plotting and planning at the Sept PR headquarters we decided it would be our duties to share some Halloween tips with you that will give you inspiration or at the very least, a nod to the right direction.
What to wear?
Glam it up this Halloween with this black dress splattered with gold from GlamOnYou paired with a pair of patent leather heels – you are sure to be the sparkle of the party!
Dare to be adventurous with your outfit choice! Tired of dressing up as witch, cat or devil? Halloween costumes don’t need to be cliché, consider investing in bold statement pieces which add the spook factor to an elegant ensemble. We love Alexander McQueen’s peep toe skull heels – the ultimate in gothic glamour!
If you’re going for a 50s, 60s or 70s, inspired look do not over do it. Pick one particular strong style and focus on it. Keeping make up to a minimal, use nude colors and focus on creating the ultimate hair style or wowing with on-trend make up – we’re thinking beehives and Bardot eyes.
If you are going to create your own costume please be creative and stay away from squeezing yourself into children’s costumers. Please.
Where to go?
Celebrate All Hallows Eve with friends! Choose a fun venue to party the night away with your favorite ghosts and goblins. Our sources tell us that OKKU luxury restaurant and lounge is set to host another legendary Halloween party this year so watch this space!
Trick or treating maybe? (Forever young).
Host a party at your home, but don’t forget to invite your neighbours too or they may get a fright when they see your costumed friends arrive at your building.
If you’re not in the mood to party (hmmm…) then you can always have a night in and enjoy a scary movie marathon.
What to eat?
Chocolate cobweb cupcakes
A cauldron full of punch
Chocolate, ice cream and candy
Black & orange colored anything
Have a happy Halloween all and do send us some pics from your night.
Love, the Sept PR Team